Adviser Elyce Maxwell
Company The Mortgage Girls Ltd
Address: 103 Strickland Street, Sydenham Christchurch
What we do
I am a registered Financial Adviser who specialises in providing advice and transactional solutions for clients in the areas of Mortgages & Risk Insurance services.
How we work
I work in the following manner;
- We will agree on areas of advice requirements & establish our terms of our engagement.
- I will get to know you and gather all necessary facts of your situation and identify your specific needs and objectives.
- I will then analyse and research your circumstances & develop strategies to meet your needs and objectives.
- I will facilitate the application process for agreed products and services.
- I will prepare & present a statement of advice outlining my recommendations & implement any such agreed recommendations.
- I will monitor the implementation & review these strategies and actions on a regular basis.
- I also provide an ongoing service of assisting you in managing the re fixing of your mortgage facilities and processing any insurance claims requirements you may have.
Experience and Qualifications
I founded The Mortgage Girls business along with Holly Sullivan in 2015 and have operated as a Mortgage & Risk Adviser since. Prior to this business we have had over 15 years combined experience in the finance industry.
I am a member of Strategi and am bound by their code of ethics as a Registered Financial Advisor.
I am a Registered Adviser with the following companies and recommend the products & solutions I think best fit your circumstances and requirements:
AMP, ANZ, ASB, BNZ, Resimac, Liberty Financial, SBS Bank, Sovereign, The Co-operative Bank, and Westpac
Risk Insurance Providers
AMP, One Path and Sovereign
How we get paid
On settlement of a mortgage or issuance of a risk insurance policy, I receive commission from the above product providers I deal with. The commission is generally of an upfront nature but may also include a small renewal or trail commission. I also do receive a fixed rate roll over fee from some providers if I assist in re fixing your loan.
A full schedule of all providers and their commission rates is available on request.
In the rare event that you may require me to act on your behalf in a transaction whereby I do not receive a commission from the above panel of providers or you request me to act on your behalf with a provider we do not hold an accreditation with I may charge a one off fee for this work to be completed. Any such fee would be agreed in advance and authorised by you in writing.
Where in good faith substantial work has been applied towards any loan application and the application has been withdrawn by the client, at the discretion of the broker, a fee of $100 plus GST per hour may be charged based on time spent.
Any advice or product implementation provided as a result of this needs analysis can only be as good as the information received from you so I ask that you provide me with the information I request. Without relevant and correct information about your personal and financial situation I run the risk of giving advice that is not appropriate for your needs. If you are unsure as to why I need certain information please ask so that I can explain.
- It is understood that any information gathered for this needs analysis is personal and I undertake to keep this information confidential and secure.
- The Privacy Act 1993 gives you the right to request access to and correction of, your personal information.
- Information provided by you and or any authorised agent will be used by me and any members of my staff for the purpose of providing advice to you and may also be used by any: a) product or service provider when implementing any of my/our recommendations or variations thereof;
b) Compliance advisers, assessors or by any claims investigators who may need access to such information; and
c) other professionals such as solicitors, accountants, finance brokers, financial planners when such services are required to complement this advice and as requested by you.
- The information will be held by me / us at: 103 Strickland Street, Sydenham, Christchurch.
Scope of Service and Engagement
The following are the areas or advice or product that you are requesting from me, subject to any specific objectives or limitations of our engagement.
Unless noted below, our discussions will be in relation to assisting you manage you and/or your family's financial requirements.
- House or Business funding (Mortgage)
- Suffering a serious illness or disability (Trauma Insurance)
- Suffering a permanent disability (Permanent Disability Insurance)
- Loss of income through sickness or disability (Income Protection Insurance)
- Requiring timely hospital or specialist treatment (Health Insurance)
- Untimely Death (Life Insurance)
I have been offered the option to review my personal risk insurance requirements by a specialist insurance adviser and have decided to: (please tick your chosen option)
- Have the review completed by an appointed insurance adviser – Yes please have your recommended Adviser contact me/us.
- Decline the option to review my personal risk insurance requirements and exempt the broker, consultants, insurance advisers from any liability or loss caused as a result of this decline.
I may be required to evidence that I have explained specific requirements or obligations and provided certain information to you. Can you please acknowledge by signing below that these requirements have taken place?
I / We acknowledge that I / we have received a Disclosure Statement from the adviser named in this document. This document was current and dated: 27/11/2015 Version1
Provision of Information
I / We acknowledge the advantages of undertaking a full suitability (needs) analysis and the need to provide relevant personal and financial information and by not doing so I / we risk receiving advice or product recommendations that may not be appropriate to my / our needs.
Scope of Service
I / We understand the services being provided are restricted to the scope of service or subject to specific limitations indicated on the previous page.
I / We acknowledge I / We have read and understood the information relating to the Privacy Act 1993 and how this information may be used.
I / We acknowledge I / We have had the basis of adviser remuneration explained and I / we agree to the option indicated.