By submitting your details on this website, you consent to the use of your personal information in accordance with this privacy statement.
What information do we collect?
We may collect personal information about you, either directly from you or from other parties and we may generate information about you when we carry out our business.
The types of personal information we collect about you may include your:
- Contact information: your name, phone number, email address, postal address, physical address
- Documents that verify your identity and other personal details: such as your passport or drivers’ licence number
- Other information in regards to your enquiry; such as;
> Details relating to your use of any product and/or service offered by us.
> Details of any preferences you tell us about (such as subscription preferences).
If you engage us to provide services to you, we may collect personal information about your financial situation, health information or goals in order to recommend mortgage and insurance products that we are permitted to advise on.
What do we do with it?
We collect and use your personal information to provide the information and services that you request from us, and to provide you with information about other services we consider appropriate.
When necessary, we may use your information to:
- Comply with our legal and regulatory obligations (including Anti Money Laundering/Counter Financing of Terrorism compliance and audit and reporting requirements).
Who do we share it with?
Besides our staff we may share this information with third parties who enable us to provide you with our services. These include:
- NZFSG and its related bodies corporate;
- Product Providers and other prospective lenders, third parties or other intermediaries in relation to your finance or insurance requirements (including a prospective lender’s mortgage insurer (if any), any person with whom a lender or insurer proposes to enter into contractual arrangements, any person who provides a guarantee or security and any trustee and any assignee or potential assignee of a lender’s or insurer’s rights);
- our referral partners who can help you with other services;
- contractors or service providers;
- lenders, insurers and other providers of Products that you choose to apply for;
- investors, or any entity that has an interest in our business or any entity to whom we consider assigning or transferring any of our rights or obligations or selling all or part of our business;
- anyone who we are legally required or authorised to share your information with, including regulators and government agencies;
- our external dispute resolution service;
- your solicitor;
- Credit reporting and debt collecting organisation’s;
- Any outsourced service provider who assists in their services we are required to carry out such as auditor’s and external compliance reviewers, to ensure we are providing services to you that are in your best interests, and in accordance with current regulations;
- your employer and referees, as well as credit reporting and identity verification agencies; and
- any other person or entity authorised by you or the Privacy
We will only share your personal information with third parties where it is necessary to help us do what we collected your information for, where it is required by law or where you give us authority to.
We require these third parties to adhere to our strict confidentiality requirements for handling personal information and we seek to ensure that they comply with the Privacy Act 2020.
Where do we store it?
We use third party service providers to store and process most of the information we collect. We use;
- NZSFG with cloud servers located in Australia;
- Gmail with cloud servers located Worldwide;
- Fileinvite with cloud severs based off Amazon AWS global backbone infrastructure;
- Bankstatements.com with cloud servers based in Australia.
We also use third party systems to gather and collate your information, these systems temporarily store information to The Mortgage Girls Ltd devices. We use apps and programs such as but not limited to; Good Notes, Camscanner and Small PDF.
All submitted information in our website is automatically deleted every 30 days.
Our social media accounts are regularly checked and conversations deleted once completed.
We ensure that our cloud-based service providers are subject to appropriate security and information handling arrangements and that the information stored or processed by them remains subject to confidentiality obligations.
What are my rights?
You do not have to provide information to us. If you choose not to provide necessary personal information when requested, we maybe be unable to provide certain information or services to you.
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. If you have any questions about this privacy statement or you’d like to ask for a copy of the information we hold on you, or to have it corrected, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: While every care has been taken to supply accurate information, errors and omissions may occur. Accordingly, The Mortgage Girls Ltd accepts no responsibility for any loss caused as a result of any person relying on the information supplied.